Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Last August my wife and I bought a house. At the time we made the purchase we didn't know that the house had a magic yard. For a month and a half during the hot months of August and September while the sale was in escrow the house sat vacant and the yard received no care.

When we moved in the lawn and landscaping was green and only slightly overgrown. During the next month we were too busy working on the interior to do any work on the yard. It continued to prosper and remained largely unchanged. It seemed like magic. A yard that required no water or care. Hmmm, I hope this does not catch on. It'll put many gardeners out of work.

We finally started work on the yard in January. San Diego does not get much rain, but by now we started to get a little. The front yard I've started to mow & edge each week, but I've still ignored the back yard and it's hardly changed. I really don't know why, but I'm sure it's magic.

No comments: